Enhancing Thin Masonry Veneer: Metal Support Systems [Virtual]
April 27 2023
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Enhancing Thin Masonry Veneer: Metal Support Systems
Thursday, April 27, 2023 | 12pm ET
- To register | Click Add to cart and complete the checkout process.
- Session access | You can access all of your courses 24/7 by selecting My courses from the My AIAU dropdown menu. Live course registrants will also receive a confirmation email from AIAU containing access information.
This program examines the design and performance characteristics of metal backing systems that mechanically support thin masonry veneers. Comparisons between various systems and traditionally laid face brick masonry are made and critical design and installation factors are reviewed. Performance tests that establish code compliance of proprietary thin veneer support systems are identified. Strategies for water penetration, structural performance, thermal efficiency and NFPA 285 approval are presented.
- Review water management strategies for mechanically supported thin masonry veneer systems
- Analyze veneer support methods for mechanically supported thin masonry veneer systems
- Identify requirements for supporting thin masonry veneer over continuous insulation
- Review how thin masonry veneer systems comply with building codes
This free course is brought to you through a partnership with Glen-Gery. By registering for this course, you grant AIA permission to share your name and email address with Glen-Gery.